Well I’m not sure whether to be flattered to be awarded this for a second time or to be disappointed that I still qualify in the under 200 blog followers category. On balance as I’ve only been blogging for a couple of months I think I should see this as an opportunity to let you know a bit more (hopefully not too much) about me.
The first time I got this award I’d been blogging for less than a month so I’ve learned a small amount since then. So thank you to jessicamballou who is the author of beyoutifulbeauty.wordpress.com for this nomination.
So for those that don’t know already the rules are:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions she asked with my answers:
1. What’s your favorite food?
Simple stuff like fresh crusty bread and cheese.
2. What’s your favorite piece in your makeup collection, and why?
Anything from my favourite brand Estee Lauder. I have a Michael Kors Estee Lauder blusher pallette that was part of a gift from my daughter that I’m very fond of. It’s so pretty.
3. What’s one quote you turn to when you need inspiration?
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars”. – Oscar Wilde
I’m a pretty positive person and can usually pick myself up when things are great and start again.
4. What’s one quirk about you not many people know?
I don’t think I’m a very quirky person to be fair, although those who know me may disagree. I suppose it would have to be something about having rituals for eating certain types of food. Like eating Bahlsen chocolate biscuits by nibbling all the chocolate round the edge first. Told you I wasn’t very quirky!
5. If you could only watch five movies for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Nothing too wild: An Officer and a Gentleman, Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, Ghost, and a Disney movie – maybe Beauty and the Beast?
6. What’s your dream job or career?
I don’t really have any ambitions left really. I think that if all jobs paid the same I’d like to do something like helping people get into work. Other than that something to do with beauty and I’ve made a start on that one.
7. What’s the thing you’re most proud of on your blog so far?
Everything! I’m amazed that people read it and follow me and have accepted me into the blogging community particularly on Twitter. I only started it to pass a quiet afternoon and before I knew it I’d started doing something that’s taken over my life!
8. What’s your favorite thing to do to help you relax?
I like to read but since I started blogging I only have time to read Twitter and blogs!
9. What piece of advice do you wish someone had told you when you first started your blog?
I’m not sure. I haven’t received much advice. I’ve learned how to do things myself by trial and error and people have been very kind and generous and uncritical.
10. What’s your favorite board or party game?
11. Who or what inspires you?
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I’m from a market town in Hampshire called Ringwood and never wanted to live in London. Now I’ve lived here for over 25 years and I can’t imagine living anywhere else
- I’m a related by marriage to John Osborne the playwright. You may know him for his most famous play Look Back In Anger.
- I have a grown up daughter doing a degree in Classics
- I’ve never been married
- I have the right to get married in St Paul’s cathedral
- I’ve worked as ….. a nanny working and living in such diverse places as Washington DC, the Napa Valley and Kiwayu on close to the Kenya/Somali border
- … the manager of a butcher’s shop
- … a waitress in a casino
- … a supervisor in Selfridges
- …a building society cashier (and many more and not necessarily in that order)
- I currently work as an HR manager
7. Ellie Loves
8. Candid Glam
10. Joli Allure
11. Umbrella Monday
Questions for my nominees to answer:
1. If you could be anyone dead or alive who would it be?
2. If you were to write a book what would it be about?
3. What’s the most unusual job you’ve ever done?
4. What’s your claim to fame?
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?
6. What are you most afraid of?
7. What’s your middle name?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. What song do you like to sing in the shower?
10. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery?
11. Did you enjoy answering all these questions?
Congratulations and good luck to all my nominees x