I had been given some Dermalogica skin care samples in a goodie bag way back but hadn’t tried them as I wasn’t sure whether they were right for my skin type. When I read about these super gift sets I asked which would be the best one for my fifty-something skin. I was recommended to try the Super Rich Repair Set and was lucky enough to be gifted it for review.
The Super Rich Repair Set (£62.20) – contains a 50ml Super Rich Repair moisturiser for mature skin conditions, specifically paired with Soothing Eye Make Up Remover and Age Reversal Eye Complex travel sizes.
I’ve been using the products for about 10 days and I’ve found them to be just right for my skin type. (Good choice Dermalogica!)
The Super Rich Moisturiser was …well…rich! What was impressive though was that it was rich and nourishing without feeling at all greasy. It is quickly absorbed and I can feel that the collagen had made my skin feel toned. I apply it in the morning over a serum and it the smooth toned feeling lasts all day.
“This deeply nourishing, heavyweight skin treatment cream helps combat chronically dry, dehydrated skin while replenishing critical moisture levels. Powerful peptides help stimulate collagen production while an acid-free smoothing complex helps improve elasticity and tone. Use as a protective salve to shield against cold, dry environmental conditions. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.”
The Soothing Eye Make Up Remover is a clear gel that is cooling as well as being an efficient cleanser. I did find that I managed to dispense too much each time I used it but I’m putting that down to it being in a mini size and more difficult to handle. A little goes a long way.
“This soothing, conditioning gel is specially formulated to instantly dissolve all traces of eye and lip make-up, including stubborn mascara. Completely oil-free, S.D. alcohol-free and water-soluble, formula helps strengthen lashes and condition the delicate eyelid area with Silk Amino Acids. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.”
The Age Reversal Eye Complex is for night-time use and the directions said that I should use it every other night as it’s a potent formula and the skin needs to build up tolerance. This meant that I wasn’t sure what to do on the nights when I wasn’t using it. So I used my regular cream. I think that I’ve started to notice an improvement but I’ve only applied it 5 or 6 times so it’s a bit early to decide on this one.
“Reverse multiple signs of aging with this breakthrough treatment for the delicate eye area. Retinol and tissue-regenerating peptides plus Vitamin C fortify skin to help strengthen against fine lines and related signs of aging. Exclusive UGL complex helps retexturize while Oat Proteins and Fraxinus Extract firm. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.”
There are several more gift sets to suit every pocket and skin type. Here’s what you need to know:
- Body Therapy Favourites Kit (£17.50) – perfect gift for frequent travelers who need some relaxation on-the-go made easy. Contains Conditioning Body Wash, Body Hydrating Cream and Exfoliating Body Scrub
- Dermalogica Favourites Kit (£30) – the gift of skin health, anywhere, anytime. Five top-selling travel friendly Dermalogica products which are suitable for all skin conditions. Contains PreCleanse , MultiActive Toner, Gentle Cream Exfoliant, Skin Hydrating Booster and Skin Perfect Primer SPF30
- Active Moist Set (£44.10) – contains a top-selling 100ml Active Moist moisturiser for normal/oilier skin conditions, specifically paired with Soothing Eye Make Up Remover and Intensive Eye Repair travel sizes
- Skin Smoothing Cream Set (£47.20) – contains a top-selling 100ml Skin Smoothing Cream moisturiser for normal/dryer skin conditions, specifically paired with specifically paired with Soothing Eye Make Up Remover and Intensive Eye Repair travel sizes
- Super Rich Repair Set (£62.20) – contains a top-selling 50ml Super Rich Repair moisturiser for mature skin conditions, specifically paired with specifically paired with Soothing Eye Make Up Remover and Age Reversal Eye Complex travel sizes
- Clear Start Set (£14.00) – the Clear As Day (And Night) set contains a Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash; Breakout Clearing Daytime Treatment and Breakout Clearing Overnight Treatment to ensure younger, congested skin is clear and healthy for the festive season
Dermalogica products are only available on the recommendation of a qualified skin care therapist. For stockist details, please call 0800 591818 or visit http://www.dermalogica.co.uk
Have you tried any Dermalogica products? What do you think of them?
The products were gifted to me for review but the opinions are my own and not prescribed.