When you get an invite from La Roche-Posay to the launch of a new product – you know it’s going to be something special. This is the brand that has had beauty experts crossing the channel to bag themselves products before they are available here – they’re just that good. This week’s London launch proved to be just as popular as I’d expected and when I arrived just a few minutes after the event was sheduled to start the venue was already packed with press and bloggers spilling out of the door – that’s how keen we all were to find out about the latest thing from LRP!
So what was all the fuss about? It’s the Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant – a dual action anti-imperfection formula with sheer coverage and all the efficacy of the award winning Effaclar Duo (+). It’s proven to treat and reduce blemishes in 24 hours and is enhanced with a mattifying 100% mineral pigment tint that instantly reduces redness and evens out skin tone.
We heard from beauty and skincare experts and I was most interested to hear about how we can utilise this new product in our skincare routine. I was amused to hear that in the beauty world the UK is referred to as the “foundation nation” which is a reflection of how much british women prefer a fuller coverage from their base products.
We were given some examples of how it can be used either on it’s own or beneath our usual base as a primer – at or after the gym to tone down the redness when you’re not cooled down enough for a full face of make-up was one example. Personally, on a daily basis I prefer a medium coverage (it’s no secret that my go to base is the Effaclar BB Blur Cream). Still today I’ve been wearing a no make-up look wearing the Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant on it’s own with just some brow gel, mascara and lip tint. It’s not a look I’m quite comfortable with but it feels really good and I know it’s doing a great job at calming the odd spot or two and I’m planning on wearing it as a primer when I need a more made up look.
It’s available in 2 universal shades Fair/Light and Light/Medium. I’ve used the Fair/Light version above. As in the whole of the Effaclar range the active ingredients are:
- Niacinamide – an anti inflammatory ingredient for intensive smoothing
- Piroctone Olamine – to combat bacterial infection
- LHA – for keratolytic action (speeding cell renewal)
- Linoleic Acid – to regulate sebum
- Procerad – a pluripotent ceramide to diffuse inflammation within 1 day and prevent and treat post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
LRP are results focussed and their research shows:
- 91% said the product is lightweight on the skin
- 78% said marks, redness and colour imperfections were minimised
- 75% of women said the product smoothed skin
It’s anti imperfection performance claims are:
- From 24 hours – imperfections are visibly less red
- From 8 days – imperfections are reduced
- From 4 weeks – pores are unclogged, skin texture is refined and oily areas appear regulated
I’m glad to have added the Effaclar Duo (+) Unifiant to my skincare toolkit. If you’d like to try it it’s available here priced £16.50.
What’s your favourite LRP product? I’d love to hear from you and to to try your recommendations.
This post containd PR samples and affiliate links