Before you say it – I know – both brands are owned by the same company but I do feel a little disloyal, after all I’ve said it more than once – Estee Lauder is my favourite brand.
I set off with good intentions. I needed a new foundation and mascara to replace the Estee Lauder ones I bought back in November. I’d heard there was a gift with 2 purchases and I figured that would be just fine and dandy.
So I reached House of Fraser’s Croydon store and entered the beauty hall. I found the counter right away, checked there was a gift on offer and then realised there was no assistant, in fact there weren’t any assistants in the whole beauty hall. I found one stacking a shelf for Guerlain who said she couldn’t leave her post and then another assistant passing through who said everyone was at lunch and would I like to come back in half an hour. It was no good I wanted my Estee Lauder fix and quick!
Debenhams was next door and so in I went, found the Estee Lauder counter and….no gift with offer! I was just about to panic when I saw the Clinique Bonus Time sign and I was reeled in. Of course I spent far too much and bought things I hadn’t planned to buy but oh did it feel good.
Here’s what I got in my haul!
I bought 2 products:
- Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 – daily defense moisturiser (50ml)
- Clinique repairwear laser focus – all smooth makeup SPF15 (30ml). This came with a separate free gift;
- Clinique superprimer – universal face primer (15ml)
The free gift consisted of:
- Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion+ (30ml)
- Liquid Facial Soap Mild (30ml)
- Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30 in Light Medium (15ml)
- All About Shadows Quad in Pink Chocolate (Blush, RMK Brown, Day Dreaming, Precious Pink)
- Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry
- High Impact Mascara in Black
- Illustrated cosmetics bag
I’ve never tried any of these products before so you can expect to see some honest reviews very soon. Still coming down from the rush of having 10 new products to try….. and breathe!