This is one of those products that I was drawn to and yet apprehensive about at the ame time. The Manuka Doctor – ApiNourish Firm Skin Facial Moisturiser has a long list of ingredients (see below) that we’ve all come to appreciate as being beneficial for skin health but anyone who’s ever been stung by a bee has to feel a little apprehensive about something that contains bee venom right?
So I made sure I read a bit more about the purified bee venom, how it’s collected without harm to the bees, how it’s purified and how it shouldn’t cause any adverse reaction but that you should test it out first a bit like you would a hair colourant.
Here’s the list of ingredients which is pretty impressive I think you’ll agree.
- Purified Bee Venom (PBV™) – Proven to nurture natural collagen formation, increasing skin’s elasticity
- Manuka Honey from New Zealand – Well known to help boost moisturisation & elastin
- Hyaluronic acid – skincare active known for its moisturising properties
- Shea butter – renowned for its skin soothing and replenishing properties to reduce skin dryness and improve skin’s elasticity
- Silk extract – a complex mixture of unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, proteins & amino acids to aid retention of water by the skin
- Jojoba seed oil – helps regulate the amount of sebum your skin makes, creating less oil. It is also a well renowned moisturiser
- Grapefruit extract – rich in natural ingredients that nourish and protect the skin, including vitamins A, C and E and antioxidants. It also boasts essential phytonutrients — such as lycopene, beta-carotene and bioflavonoids — that promote cellular health.
- Lecithin – known to help protect the skin’s barrier
- Pine leaf – antibacterial, energizing, antiseptic & properties for smooth & renewed skin
- Bamboo stem – a rich source of silica renowned for improving skin health. Aids absorption of essential minerals & helps smooth skin as well as being a well- known anti-oxidant
Still when I applied it for the first time I think I expected it to tingle a bit – but the feeling I got was fresh feeling, a bit like when you apply a mild toner perhaps? Even more gentle than that – but still it felt like it was doing something!
The Manuka Doctor – ApiNourish Firm Skin Facial Moisturiser is described as being a rich, uplifting age-defying formula. When I hear a cream described as rich I expect it to be heavy, possibly greasy and this was neither it’s a brilliant white silky formula that melts into the skin and is instantly absorbed leaving a matte finish – so no greasy look or feel to go with the richness. It does give an instant firming look and feel which is much needed and not often achieved. This award-winning product is available here at £29.99.
Have you tried any beauty products with unusual ingredients? I have one with snail gel that I keep meaning to try but haven’t quite been able to yet!
This product was gifted to me for review but the views are my own and were not prescribed.