Chances are that if you know the brand name Mavala you’ll know it because of its nail care products. This new venture has been in the making for a while and combines their Swiss heritage, botanical surroundings and scientific approach to create their Swiss Skin Solution.
Key ingredients are:
- Swiss mallow flower for its anti-inflammatory properties
- Pure water from the Swiss Alps that’s pollution free with perfectly balanced trace elements
- Alpine rose to boost cell repair
- Swiss apricot extract to tone, energise for a healthy glow
- Alpine willow-herb – rich in antioxidants and an anti-inflammatory
- Witch hazel to perfect skin tone
- Perlite to neutralise shine
- Aloe vera to soothe
- Cornflower water to decongest
Active ingredients are hyaluronic acids, lipo-amino acid, Vitamin C, AHA and micelles.
Mavala have created five ranges to respond to major skin care concerns:
- Anti-age Pro – to correct all signs of aging
- Aqua Plus – to re-infuse dehydrated skin
- Skin Vitality – to awaken the healthy glow of tired skin
- Pore Detox – to neutralise imperfections and shine
- Clean & Comfort – to cleanse with respect for the cutaneous barrier
I’ve been trialling products from 3 of the ranges over the last few weeks. First is the Anti-age Pro Time Release System Night Care. This contains alpine rose stem cells, Swiss watercress, lipo-amino acid as well as arbutin, and vitamins C&E. I usually find that night-time products are heavy and greasy but this is much lighter. It felt good and gave a smoothness and plumpness right away. I love that it has an airless pump system both for hygiene and to dispense just the right amount for each use.
From the Aqua Plus range I trialled the Featherlight Cream. This is another light weight cream (the clue is in the name!) that gives 24 hour hydration. With hyaluronic acids, and Swiss mallow flower extract you can use it day and night. I used it only in the day as I used the anti-aging product at night but they complemented each other well and the light formula worked well over a serum and under make-up. It felt really calming too.
The third product was the Vitalizing Alpine Micro Mist from the Skin Vitality range. Now I think that we’ve all been loving mists especially during the summer months and I think this is the one that will work right autumn and into winter too. Its designed to provide glowing, hydrated skin and has been enriched with apple water and cornflower water. I tend to use it as a toner/tonic sprayed onto a cotton pad and then swiped across my face before applying moisturiser but it’s also perfect to set make up. A real all-rounder.
I’d say this is a range you can trust – it has all the qualities that you’d expect from a Swiss product – reliable and trustworthy – with the added knowledge that this is a brand that’s been around since the 1950s and is science based. There aren’t any gimmicks with this brand but you know that it will work.
Do you know the brand Mavala? Have you used its nail products before? Would love to know what you think.
This post contains PR/brand samples and affiliate links.