Alpha-H is Australia’s leading professional skin care brand celebrating 21 years in the business this year. Last week they launched two new products and I was invited to hear all about them and not only that I got to meet their Director and founder of the brand Michelle Doherty and their European business manager Tom Ogden. If you’re a QVC fan you’ll probably know his face. (Sorry Tom that this photo of you isn’t the most flattering – but you both look lovely sitting on your “thrones”!)
I always like to hear the stories behind the brands and Michelle and Tom told us some great anecdotes as they set out the story of Alpha-H. You can read more about that here. Michelle is a very open and warm person and told us how Liquid Gold got its name. She’d asked her Mum to try out the new product over night and early the next morning she got a call from her to say “This stuff is liquid bloody gold!” I’m told that Michelle decided to miss out the expletive but used her Mum’s description to name the product!
On the night we were introduced to the new addition to the Liquid Gold range – the Liquid Gold 24 Hour Moisture Repair Cream (it’s not been launched yet but I’ll update this with a link when it is). This is designed to work around the clock to target visible signs of aging and to provide continuous hydration. “liquid gold effect” refines and regenerates healthy skin and boosts radiance and luminosity. The hand-picked ingredients work together to treat lifeless, dry, collagen poor, ageing and sun-damaged skin that’s challenged by lifestyle and the environment. these include:
- Glycolic Acid – to dissolve dead cell build up and increase hydration, improve skin texture and reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Argan Stem Cells – to improve the regenerative capacity of dermal stem cells to renew the skin.
- Matryxl 6 – a powerful anti-wrinke pepride increases collagen production and rebuilds the skinto make it visibly smoother and plumper.
- Lactic and Hyaluronic Acids – for increased hydration and strengthening the skin’s barrier.
- Fision Hydrate – for immediate nourishment and long-lasting hydration
- Chia – for anti-inflammatory properties and to strengthen, revitalise, and bind moisture.
- Vitamin E and Green Tea – to protect from free radicals and environmental damage and fr their anti-inflammatory properties
- 24 Carat Gold Flakes – to reduce inflammation and brighten the skin.
It’s ideal for 30 plus to mature skin and can be used as a night treatment or in the morning if used with SPF 30+.
The second new launch of the evening was the Vitamin B Serum (again it’s not available yet and I’ll update with a link soon). Michelle explained that less than 1% of orally ingested vitamins reach the skin and that the application of topical vitamins in this serum provides outstanding cell protecting properties. It also regenerates the skin’s ability to produce new collagen and hyaluronic acid from within. Ingredients include:
- Vitamin B3 – to strengthen cellular structure to firm and boost elasticity, immunity and barrier function; reduce redness and stimulate collagen synthesis; and inhibit melanin production.
- Copper Peptides – to energize and invigorate the complexion, stimulate new collagen and elastin production, inhibit wrinkle formulation and boost hyaluronic acid production
- Chia Seeds – to increase hydration and reduce moisture loss.
- Ferulic Acid – a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from UV damage.
The Vitamin B Serum delivers instant weightless hydration and builds the skin’s internal moisture reserves for a cumulative effect. It’s to be applied each morning and followed by moisturiser.
These two products have been my first taste of the brand and I brought home samples to try as well as Liquid Laser range to try too. I’m really excited about trialling the products and I’m so glad to have found this brand – but you’ll have to bear with while I take the time to test them properly and then I’ll be back with reviews.
I think that I’m probably late to the party with discovering Alpha-H as I’ve heard a lot of good stories from other bloggers and beauty experts. What about you are you new to Alpha H or can recommend it?
Looking forward to hearing your comments.
5 thoughts on “Discovering Alpha-H Skincare”
I tried their liquid gold and it really is golden 🙂 Both cream & serum you got sound amazing & when you test them out please update us because I think they could be amazing :))
I have a small pot of liquid gold but haven’t tried yet. The laser is great and I should get time to write up the reviews soon. Thanks for all your comments and likes!