This is my first experience of using Kat Von D makeup. Now, clearly plenty of people have been very excited about the brand for a long time but still, I’ve not actually had my hands on a single product from the range until now.
Before I tell you about my little piece of Kat Von D magic let me give you a bit of background to the brand. Kat Von D takes part in every part of her business from product development, testing formulas, naming shades, packaging design and artwork layout. It’s a bold, unapologetic, outspoken and different brand that’s long wear, high pigment and cruelty-free. She is a vegan and animal activist committed to creating hyper-performance beauty products, completely free of animal-derived ingredients, and never tested on animals.
All ethical values aside I’m always looking for products that work. So when I tried out the Kat Von D Signature Brow Precision Pencil in Taupe – I really wanted it to do a few specific things:
- Be the right shade. Do you know how hard it is to get a shade that will look good on fair/grey eyebrows with blonde/silver hair? No, I don’t want an orange or ash shade thank you.
- Come as a twist-up pencil. I don’t want to waste time and product sharpening the thing between each brow application.
- Not break when you press a little too hard. This is a difficult balance because it also needs to……
- Not be too hard so that you practically have to scrape off your skin to get the colour to transfer.
- Be fine enough to outline your brow and draw in some fine lines that replicate hairs where yours are sparse.
- Be broad enough to fill in colour.
So, I’ve definitely given the Kat Von D Signature Brow Precision Pencil a good workout. It’s passed enough of these measures to mean that it’s currently my go-to brow product. If I was to be super picky – and you know by now that I am – then I’d say that this would be best used along with the Kat Von D Brow Struck Dimension Powder for filling in.
I think now that I’ve started exploring the Kat Von D brand I’m likely to be trying out more very soon. Some of the 10th Anniversary range are particularly aesthetically pleasing.
Do you have any Kat Von D favourites?
This post contains PR samples.